Thursday, January 14, 2010

New Season of Encouragement (Becky)

I loved yesterday -- the energy, the enthusiasm, all the heads shaking in agreement as Sherilyn taught. I loved the smiles and relief as struggles were shared... and understood. I love what God is going to do when we do the #1 thing: fall in love with Him.

Did anyone else struggle as soon as your feet hit the pavement, though? I hate that the enemy tests my resolve and makes me question (even for a second) what is true -- Was the encouragement and truth spoken at Calvary true? Or are my feelings of discouragement, anger, and frustration true? May we grow to know which is true, regardless of the powerful feelings. I would have laughed (if I didn't feel like crying) that I wrote "She chooses humility over offense" as my application point at the end of the teaching yesterday... and then was feeling incredibly tempted to be deeply offended by a family member before night fell. I'm so thankful that I can choose my response. I immediately went to 1 Peter 5:8-10 which gives awesome advice when I'm tempted down that road of pity: "Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith... And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever." It is for God's glory and my good that I need to choose my responses carefully.

I'm so thankful to be on this road with all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment