Friday, January 29, 2010

Even today I see the blank piece of paper; so perfect. Because I love a new sheet of paper, I related to the perfect sheet of paper imagery. When the paper was made into a ball, I was a bit alarmed as it was accomplished so quickly. I was not ready for the analogy of birth and sin crumpled throughout. It took my breath away. What most changed me was that continual smoothing that I am called to perform. At the same time, it was comforting knowing that I do not have to be perfect any day; any way. Actually, I can't. But I can't work out my crumpled soul.

I have to admit, I wanted to go for a walk and think. As the group began, I heard words but not ideas or stories. After I jolted myself and began to listen, I was in awe that these women who only know each other for one session, could be so open. I praise their honesty and pray for their journey. Somehow, knowing that all of us will be smoothing our lives, I felt a sense of community.


No comments:

Post a Comment